You will have very many entry points to China but Haikou Airport stands out from the rest. One positive aspect about the airport is reliable transport services. You will get car hire services available right at the terminals for your use while taxis are in big numbers. A number of them operate for 24 hours so you have the guarantee of securing one even when you arrive late into the night. There are shuttle bus services available at the airport that you can consider as well. They operate right from when the first flight arrives to when the last one touches down.
The buses take about 15 minutes from the airport to city center with tickets ranging CNY 15 one-way. City buses operate outside the city and will be considered when you are travelling to far cities away from Haikou. In addition, there are a big number of facilities that Haikou Airport has for visitors to enjoy. They include lounges that have decorations of carvings and ornaments; there are restaurants and cafes to satisfy your stomach needs and a medical center plus hotlines for emergency communication.
What to See
As you get out of Haikou Airport to your hotel, you will see a lot of attractions on the way. That is just a tip of the iceberg because this city is home to some very attractive things to see. They include:
- Historical sites - some of those common for visits by tourists are Wugong Temple, Tomb of Hairui, Xiuying Battery and Qiongtai Academy.
- National parks - these are places you will get to see different wildlife and a hired car will allow you a more comfortable exploration. Those to lookout for are Haikou Shishan Crater Cluster National Geological Park, Dongjiao Coconut Plantation and Dongzhai Harbor Mangrove Natural Reserve Area.
- Museums - MOCA - Museum of Contemporary Art Haikou and Hainan Provincial Museum are the most popular in Haikou that you should consider paying a visit. They hold a lot of history for the city and country at large.
- Beaches - you can visit popular beaches around to swim and sunbathe as a way of relaxing during your free time. Some of those you will have to consider include Holiday Beach, Xixiu Beach, Baishamen Beach and Guilinyang Beach.
Where to Stay
Do not have too many worries about your accommodation when in Haikou. There are very many hotels that you will find near Haikou Airport and around city center to place a booking.
- Home Inn - this one has two branches and can charge up to ¥169 for just one night per person. Its standards are those of 2-star hotels and every room has broadband cabling.
- Haikou Hotel - this 4-star hotel has 196 rooms that comprise conference rooms and a business center.
- Hainan Huatian Hotel - its proximity to key amenities like shopping malls and business establishments make it good for accommodation. Rooms have cable TV, air conditioning and free internet access.
- International Financial (Jasper) Hotel - this will be a good choice in case you are a business traveler. It has enough space for holding meetings and allows for online booking.