Holiday makers all over the world know of Rio de Janeiro; fondly referred to as Rio as a magnet for tourists. The port attracts visitors of all nationalities and calibers all year round; all wishing to enjoy the pleasure of this jewel town. The weather is pleasant; the locals are friendly and immediately upon arrival at the Rio de Janeiro Dumont Airport, the atmosphere reeks of holiday fun and titillating excitement. All this is yours to enjoy, but first, rent-a-car. If you are looking for cheap car hire Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont Airport then compare prices with us.
With the relaxed care-free holiday mood comes the need to get a car hire rental as it accords one much more freedom and liberty as opposed to using public transport means. Sure, public transport lets you interact with the locals and enhances your holiday experience; but a rental car allows you visit places off the beaten path and opens up what you can see and do while in Rio. Furthermore, getting a car rental is a more flexible means of travel as there are no schedules to adhere to.
Brazil Car Hire and Driving Regulations
Before jumping at the fabulous idea of getting a car for hire, it is important one is knowledgeable about and understands the parameters put in place concerning hiring a vehicle for use; as well as the traffic rules of the land. In Rio de Janeiro, the regulations and road rules are simple to follow and it should not be a problem for prospective rent-a-car renters. Car hire Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont Airport is the best way to view near by attractions.
- All car hire renters should be above the age of 21 and at times; a surcharge may apply to young renters between 21-25 years of age.
- One must rent using a valid driver’s license which the holder must have had for at least 2 years prior to the rental date.
- Driving in Brazil is on the right hand side of the road and all visitors should remember to keep this in mind.
- The front and rear seat belts must be fitted and must be used at all times as long as the particular seat is occupied.
- When driving in your car rental, always have with you your valid driver’s license, car registration documents, insurance documents and a photo identification document or passport.
- Poor quality fuel is rather common in Brazil at large and so only fuel from reputable filling stations.
- Parking vehicles in the street is unsafe as cases of theft are high. As much as possible, make good use of parking lots where available; especially in supermarkets or hotels.
Don't hesitate about exploring the local area and book your car hire Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont Airport with us today.