Cuiaba Airport in Brazil sees a lot of passengers commuting on an annual basis. This is because Cuiaba is a favorite tourist destination in Brazil complete with a range of hot spots and other tourist destinations. Titled as Brazil’s Southern entrance to the Amazon, this part of the region is well known for its local cuisine, cultural and traditional practices. At present Cuiaba is witnessing added recognition as it has been tipped as one of the hosting cities for 2014 FIFA World Cup Football. For those of you planning a visit to this beautiful and serene city in Brazil here are some travel and car hire advice.
Main transportation modes in Cuiaba
Cuiaba Airport houses a number of offices and desks operated by leading car hire companies in the region. Since the city itself is recognized as a major hub featuring scenic roads and stunning waterways there is a lot of interest among travelers visiting this area to procure rental cars. The main roadways in the city link to the BR 364 highways and the water way leads to the main Inter-oceanic highway. The rail system within the city is linked to Varzea Grande metropolitan hub.
Before hiring a car at this airport
There are many important considerations you should make before finalizing the decision about a rental car.
- The terms of insurance may vary from operator to operator. You need to ensure that all insurance coverage’s are valid, up-to and at your particular destination.
- Check on the fuel policy of each provider. Generally hire car suppliers provide vehicles with a full fuel tank expecting customers to return the vehicle with the same level of fuel.
- If additional drivers are included in the booking they should be present at the time of signing rental agreement. You may have to incur an additional driver fee for this facility.
- Minimum driving age ranges between 16 and 21 based on the travel destination.
- Every driver should possess a valid driver’s license and it should not be printed in the Roman alphabet. Most rental companies prefer the International Driver’s license in addition to a domestic travel permit issued by the renter’s country.
Attractions in and around the city
The area in and around Cuiaba is filled with magnificent sightseeing opportunities and other attractions. Some of the hot spots in this area are the El Pantanal, Chapada dos Gumaraes, Historic Centre, Palace of Instruction and the Arena Pantanal Stadium among many others.