This airport is located in the neighborhood of Antonio Joao and serves the town of Campo Grande. Once you land at the airport, hotel options are diverse and conveniently located; with some being as close as 6km from the airstrip. A car rental would be a good idea to get you to and from your hotel as well as to the tourist attractions around.
Campo Grande is not short of fun things to do for the local and international tourist. Almost in every corner you turn there will be something to impress you and perhaps take a picture of.
Attractions in Campo Grande
- Museu das Culturas Dom Bosco - this is a museum of culture and art galleries open to the public. The edifice itself is a grand work of art with the beautiful architectural work of Chiappetta Massimo. Inside is a host of many artifacts include preserved art works of ancient tribes like the Xavante and Karaja. The museum also documents the lifespan of insects. Accounting for over 10,000 insect species.
- The City Aquarium - it is known as Aquario do Pantanal to the locals and it houses over 263 species of marine animals (the Pantanal fish mostly) alongside other wild animals,
- Feira Central - your trip to Brazil can never be complete without a visit to the biggest open air market in the region. Feira central, is an ever busy avenue with several Japanese and local food shops selling the best exotic and local cuisine you can wish for. The market also ha stalls dealing with clothes and other mini items, but the core product is food for sale. If you want an even exciting experience here, drive over during the weekend on your car rental; when the place is packed with revelers.
- Pantanal wetlands - there is so much to do at the wetlands from birding in the early morning, hiking at midday, scuba diving in the afternoon and view some wildlife in the evening when they retire into the wilderness. Four-wheeling is also a sport carried out.
- Parquet das Nacoes - a public park in Campo Grande where you can spend some quality time with your family. The park is always flocked with indigenous birds among them parrots and macaws. The park also has some nature trails where you can take a morning hike if you so wish.
Campo Grande is home to so many attractions to visit. The best way to visit them is through a car hire that will get you around.