Sogndal Airport is located about 9 km away from Kaupanger and comes under the municipality of Sogndal in Norway. This airport is owned and operated by a state owned limited company called Avinor. This airport serves most of the inner regions of the area and is well equipped to provide a luxurious welcome to incoming visitors including trusted car hire service.
Sogndal – A mesmerizing village
Sogndal is a municipality in the Sogn county of Norway and is located on the northern shores of the district of Sogn. This village has a meagre population of about 4,000 and the locals speaks sognamal dialect of Norweign. There are many scenic beauties in Sogndal including:
- Nigardsbreen Glacier – You would need about one hour drive and can use a suitable car hire service for the same. This is mostly covered entirely in snow and you can enjoy the white beauty of this mountain with your family. This is the best spot to do a snow ball fight with kids as well.
- Norwegian Glacier Museum – This is a well renowned museum known for it’s unique ice sculptures. This museum is the leading centre for dissemination of knowledge for Norway. Visitors are even allowed to do their own experiments using the 1000 year old ice from the ancient glaciers. Many of these glaciers are visible when you land at the Sogndal Airport.
- Kaupanger Stave Church – If you are on your way to board the Kaupanger - Gudvangen ferry on your trusted car hire you would come across the magnificent Kaupanger Stave Church. This church is a contrast with the glaciers around it and hence its beauty is further personified.
- Norsk BreMuseum – This is a great museum located near the Sogndal Airport and is surrounded by mountain and glaciers. This museum describes the science behind the glaciers and it would be once in a lifetime experience to visit it.
- Sogndal Skisenter – This is a ski resort and is a must visit for any tourists visiting Sogndal. It is famed for having a 1200 meter long ski lift and offers one of the best ski experience and has reasonable rates for couples and families. The route to this ski resort can be tricky and utilizing a car hire would be a good idea.
Although Songdal is a small village in Norway its rich cultural heritage and breathe taking surrounding makes it a favourite for any tourists in the European area.