Are you planning to travel to India using Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Airport? This information will help you plan out your visit. It is a very busy airport because it serves two main cities namely Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad. When you touch down, there are help desks at the terminals where you can get all the information you need. There are staffers who are always ready to serve. There are two main terminals at the airport and are connected using a walkway that is mobile. You can use that to move from one terminal to the other.
You will see clearly marked signs on the roads to direct you on the direction to move. That is whether you are using car hire services or public means.
- Buses- from Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Airport, you will experience limited services offered by buses on public roads. When available, you will enjoy cheap prices but there will be no convenience especially if you have heavy luggage. It will not be an advisable option to have in mind especially if you will arrive at night.
- Taxis- car hire services will always be a good but expensive transport option to consider when using Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Airport. Lookout for a prepaid counter for taxis at the terminal where they operate from. Their charges vary from one company to another and they operate under the umbrella body Taxi Drivers Association. That is the body you will run to in case you have problems with a taxi driver.
Your experience at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Airport will depend a lot on the type of facilities that you enjoy. A bureau de change is available for converting your money into local currency as well as a bank. For all your communication concerns, there are public telephones to use and they are located at vantage points across the airport.
Free internet is available at all terminals while points to charge your mobile phone are well marked out. You will get trolleys for moving your luggage while stalls and shops are in high numbers to satisfy your shopping needs. A café and restaurant are there to take care of your stomach needs together with a spa facility and transit rooms.
Where to stay
If you are looking for a cheap and comfy hotel to spend a night or two when touring India, there are many that you will find around Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Airport. Some of them are:
- St Laurn Towers- it will take you 15 minutes to drive from the airport to this hotel with a rented car. It’s very luxurious with spacious rooms, multiple options for dining plus a fitness center and spa. If you want to hold meetings, there are conference rooms available.
- Narayani Heights Hotel and Resort- its 3 kilometers away from the airport and its restaurant offers local delicacies that you will enjoy. Its rooms are comfortable and spacious enough.
- Sunset Comfort Inn- this is the nearest to the airport with a distance of below one kilometer. You don’t even need to hire a car but it will be necessary if you have luggage. It has complimentary shuttle services linking it to the airport.