Goa is the hub of tourism in India. It attracts many tourists from all corners of the globe for its spectacular coastline, epic natural wonders, a couple of heritage sites and very many things to do. You cannot exhaust all there is in Goa in a day or two, you will definitely need more time. Even for those who have been in this green paradise, they keep coming back. The best way to explore the town and the neighboring destinations is in a private car. You can rent a car from the many car rental firms that operate within the International airport also known as Dabolim.
The companies offer cars of different types to tourists who visit this side of India at very pocket friendly prices. However, to enjoy your vacation ensure that;
- Compare the rates of various car hire companies to get a favorable deal.
- You need to book as early as possible. This will give you the assurance that there will be a ready car for you, upon arrival. It is crucial to hire the car in advance, especially during the peak times.
- Understand the rules and regulations of the agency that you choose. This will spare you from unexpected surprises, where on the return of the car, you are told that there are some costs that you were unaware of.
- Select the car that you want by the time you are booking. This will depend on the luggage you are carrying, the number of people you are traveling with and your travel budget.
Driving rules in India
- Always drive on the left. This might be confusing at first, in particular for those who are used to keeping right. Also, the driver seat of all Indian cars is on the right.
- Cars, bicycles, tricycles use the same lane, so you will have to keep the speed at a minimum.
- No matter how tight the traffic jam is, be sure to keep your distance from the next car.
- Make sure that you have your driving license, passport and insurance documents anytime you are driving on the streets or highways in India.
- Seat belts are compulsory even for the little ones on board. Ensure that they stay at the back.
- Do not drink and drive at the same time. It will not be long before the Goa traffic police ask you to pull out of traffic for a couple of tests.