Voronezh International airport is a busy hub, situated some 11km north of the city of Voronezh. It serves Voronezh and other neighboring regions such as Tambov, Lipetski, Oryol, Kursk and Belgorod. Whether you are tourist or a businessperson, a visit to this city of Russia, treats to a wide range of attractions and activities to do. To make it to most of the places, consider hiring a car. Voronezh International airport houses some car hire companies that you can hire from.
When you are renting a car, it is important to assess the credibility of your provider as well as their vehicles. Before you even board a plane to Voronezh, make a point of researching on those companies, which are offering car rental services in Voronezh. Read the reviews to gauge their reputation. In addition, you should liaise with your insurance provider back at home to offer you some special cover when you will be in the foreign country. Most importantly, find a car that marries with your needs and preferences.
Once you have hired a car from Voronezh International Airport, here are some places you should not depart without visiting:
- Prospekt Revolyutsii - This is the main street of the city and just a few kilometers from Voronezh International Airport. It hosts a couple of luxurious malls, top class restaurants and souvenir shops. If you just landed at the airport and you have no idea, where you can grab a good meal, Prospekt Revolyutsii, has your back. You can also shop for souvenirs to take back home.
- Admiralteyskaya Naberezhnaya - It is a monument, which was created to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the Navy of Russia. A walk around it will be memorable. While at Admiralteyskaya Naberezhnaya, you will also see old church, which served as the place where Peter the Great commissioned new ships. The same location also gives a nice view of the reservoir’s left bank.
- Predestinatsia ship-museum - It is a museum created to showcase the first Russian ship line, developed in 1700, by Peter the Great, who was the first emperor of Russia. You will be surprised to see the machines still looking strong, notwithstanding the decades they have endured.
- Koltsovskiy Skver Park - It is a park in the city, just a short drive from Voronezh International Airport. You will only need to cruise around the city, with your rental car to get here. There are many things you can see or do at this park among them taking a stroll along the well-manicured paths, see Alexey Koltsov monument who was a popular Russian poet and view the dancing fountain.
- Lenin square - This is the core square of the Voronezh city. It hosts Vladimir Lenin monument, strategically positioned at the center. If you visit during winter, you can engage in the activities, which goes around the square. For instance, a gigantic New Year tree is installed in the Lenin square. You can enjoy ice skating or even participate in lighting up the tree.
Now that you know what Voronezh has to offer, make it your next destination. Remember to rent-a-car from Voronezh International Airport to help you access as most sites as possible.