Essaouira is a beautiful coastal city in Morocco. It is one of the best cities to visit in Morocco that is historical attractions and beautiful scenic spots. The place was discovered early in the 11th century by a geographer named as Al-Bakri, which he called it Sidi Megdoul. The name was changed to Mogadore or Mogador by the Portuguese. The word means “the wall” by which the fortress walls are enclosing the city. The place has a lot of interesting things to offer for travelers. Anyone can hire a car in Essaouira Airport and enjoy the best vacation experience in the city.
Among the finest and busiest airport in Morroco, Essaouira Airport, is situated around 20 kilometers on the south east of Essaouira. It has a runway of 2, 100 meters by 45 meters constructed on asphalt and bitumen surfaces. It comes with an elevation of 117meters above sea level. Transportation from the airport is not a problem. Anyone can just ride a bus, taxi or hire a car to get into the destination they want.
As holiday makers arrive at Essaouira Airport, finding a good hotel is not hard. They can just hire a car to safely reach the following hotels:
- Casa Naima – is one of the most convenient hotels in Essaouira, which is approximately a 15-minute drive from the beautiful beaches and wonderful attractions of the place.
- Villa Juba – is a typical hotel that offers best rooms with complete amenities. It is set on a beautiful 15-hectare farm with a cool swimming pool, fitness center and a private car park. It is a 15-minute drive from the sparkling beaches and from Essaouira centre.
- Riad Dar Maris – is a convenient hotel situated 16 km from the south of Essaouira is only a 3-minute drive from the Mogador Airport, a 10-minute drive from the beautiful beaches and a 10-minute drive from Essaouira Mogador Golf Club.
Attractions and the things to do
From Essaouira Airport to finding a comfortable hotel, vacationers can hire a car and start picking out on the best places to visit in Essaouira. Below are the lists of the topmost visited attractions in Essaouira:
- Ocean Vagabond – a lovely beach in Essaouira that is also highly visited by travelers to have best surfing experience.
- Les Domaines Du Val D’ Argan – is a vineyard, which is around a 30-minute drive from the city centre where vacationers can buy the finest wine in Essaouira for 5 Euros.
- Cooperative Feminine Marjana – a perfect place for women travelers to shop best quality cosmetics, which is around a 15-minute drive from Essaouira.
- Musee Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdallah – is a good place to discover and explore the history and culture of Essauoria. The museum displays Roman ruins, Moroccan costumes and musical instruments and lots of Jewish artefacts.