Despite being served by an elaborate network of roads, as well as being the largest city in the Terengganu region, Kuala Terengganu Airport simply lacks in adequate commuter services such as buses and trams. Appears to be an oversight of sorts, but then again this must have been what has boosted the car rental sector, since it is the most convenient means of travel while visiting the area. Car hire allows you to enjoy the privilege of moving around in your own car while in a foreign town; and what’s more is that if you wish, you may get a chauffeur along with the car… at an extra cost, of course.
Why all the Hype over Car Hire?
With car hire services at Kuala Terengganu Airport, you need not worry about missing the tour bus that ferries tourists to and fro a few select destinations. You can plan the timings of your travels as well as the order in which you wish to tour the city and its environs. With a rental car from Kuala Terengganu Airport, you will spend much less than what you would have spent had you engaged the services of taxi operators who may overcharge you many a times; especially when they realize you are new to the city.
To experience the many benefits that come with rent a car services, you have to make sure that you have a reliable dealer who will be frank and credible and rent out good quality vehicles. Frauds are increasingly becoming popular in our world today and so before making any payments, make sure that you are not being ripped off.
Getting you rental car gives you the appropriate means to see the best that this city has to offer. This includes attractions such as:
- The State Museum
- Masjid Kristal
- The Central Market (Pasar Payang)
- The spicy cuisine of the Malaysians and their traditional dishes
Driving in Kuala Terengganu
Before driving off in your car rental from the Kuala Terengganu Airport and painting the entire city red, it is of importance that you acquaint yourself with the rules of the road, after all, they do say that when in Rome, do as the Romans do.
- Be prepared for the many toll roads all over Malaysia
- General speed limit is 110kph but this is much lower in residential areas and built-up areas.
- You can use your international driver’s license to make car hire bookings and to drive in the city. But if your stay exceeds 90 days, you will be required to apply for a local license.
- Avoid getting into an accident. In such cases, the foreigner is normally charged more.