As expected, Kuala Lumpur is flooding with car hire agencies. They are so many that it is nearly impossible not to get the vehicle of your choice regardless of whether or not it is the tourism peak period. Caution should be taken though; because not all these companies offer good services as far as car rental is concerned and getting a bad agent will end up destroying your Malaysian experience. This should not be the case after you have spent so much money on your vacation
Avoiding Con men and Women in the Car Hire Industry
That having been said, how do you make sure you do not fall prey of the mediocre car rental agencies? Well, there are certain guidelines you could heed to make sure you are on the safe side.
- Begin your search for a rent a car agency weeks or even months prior to your visit. This will give you ample time to research and compare prices as well as exchange notes with other travelers.
- Don’t be blinded by cheap prices. Normally, these come with plenty of hidden charges. Ask as many questions as you need to make sure that the quoted price really is all you will be required to pay.
- Evaluate their customer care quality. A reliable agency will come with several perks such as roadside assistance, or a full tank or even Collision Damage Waiver to a certain amount. Are the personnel willing to help? Are they courteous? This will reveal the kind of company it is because every good company gives priority to its clients and customers.
- Be conversant with the company’s policies before you commit yourself by making any payments. You may be surprised to find out that some agencies place restrictions on customers of a certain age. So make sure you are conversant with their policies.
The above pointers do not guarantee a 100% success when it comes to judging the car rental agency you intent to rent from, but they give a pretty good idea as to what you should look out for as far as the companies are concerned.
Tourism in Kuala Lumpur
There are many sights that should keep you busy during your car hire drive in this city; after all, Kuala Lumpur is the 6th most visited city in the entire world. Popular destinations are:
- Kuala Lumpur Tower
- Jamek Mosque
- The Merdeka Square
- The National Monument
- Petaling Street
- The Golden Triangle – This encompasses the main entertainment hub of the city.
- Bat Caves