Kingston is one of the major towns from the southwestern part of London. It is an ancient place where the royal Saxon kings are crowned. Before it was called Cyninges tun and changes to Chingestune in 1086. In 1164, its name changes to Kingeston, Kyngeston super Tamisiam in 1321 and Kingestowne upon Thames in 1589. In 1835, it became part of Greater London; the town got an increased population, but with a good performing economy. Today, it is one of the most popular and top visited tourist destinations of Southwestern London. There are lots of spectacular attractions of London Kingston upon Thames that vacationers should not miss.
Transportation on the town is good. Anyone can get into the town by train, bus and taxi. However, for a safe and comfortable trip, travelers may rent a car to reach any destinations they want. There are many spectacular places that you can visit and exciting things to do in London Kingston upon Thames. Below is the list most visited destination in Kingston that vacationers will love coming back:
- Windsor Castle– is a lovely palace that features a lot of good spots perfect for sightseeing and picture-taking. The number one reason people loves visiting the royal palace is to see Queen Mary’s doll house.
- Kingston Museum– Most travelers rent a car to visit Kingston Museum. The museum features a lot of remarkable collectibles from the London’s history way back from the medieval period.
- Kingston Saturday Market– for travelers who wants to have extensive shopping, Kingston Saturday Market is an ideal thing that a shopper shouldn’t miss. The streets of Kingston will be full of various items from clothing down to jewelries.
- Disney Store– One of the best places in London Kingston upon Thames that kids should not miss to drop by, Disney stores offers wide selections of Disney collectibles that are perfect presents for young kids and even adults too.
- Kingston Antiques Centre– Most tourists rent a car to drop by at Kingston Antiques Centre to buy impressive collections of old stuff, yet good as new. The place is perfect to shop antique furniture, dolls, toys, tea sets and more.
- Rose Theatre– Tourist who wants some laugh trips usually visit Rose Theatre. The place offers the best entertainment to many vacationers. It is one of the most popular Theatre house in London Kingston upon Thames that offers magnificent shows for both adults and children that includes Aladdin, Fallen Angels, The Comedy of Errors, Toad and more. For a safety trip for the family towards Rose Theatre, it is convenient to rent a car.