Allama Iqbal International Airport is the second largest civil airport in Pakistan and it serves the city of Lahore. Its original name was Lahore International airport, but it was renamed for Muhammad Iqbal in 2003 when the new terminal building was opened. This airport connects Lahore with forty four cities worldwide. When you land at this airport, you can choose to hire a rental car to simplify the process of getting to the place where you will stay. With a rental car, it is also easier to tour Lahore and other cities in the Punjab Province.
Things to do in Lahore
There are any attractions in the Punjab Province and some of them include museums, mosques, shrines, forts and restaurants among others. The following are some of the things you can do when touring Lahore in your rental car.
- Shopping – You can shop at Fortress stadium, especially if you are a fan of affordable clothes and linens. At this stadium, you can watch movies or get entertained at the Sindbad Amusement center. The Sozo Water Park is the other amusement park here.
- Watch cricket matches – Just like their Indian neighbors, Pakistanis love cricket with a passion. International matches are often hosted at the Gadaffi Stadium in Lahore. If you are brave enough, you can purchase some of the appetizing and colorful snacks that sellers bring into the stands.
- Medical tourism – This is a growing industry in Lahore because of the low cost and high quality of medical treatment in this city. This is especially the case for cosmetic surgery, hair transplants, open heart surgery and dental treatment.
- Visit spas – Lahore has a number of spas that offer affordable beauty therapy procedures. They also have swimming pools, health clubs, saunas, Jacuzzis and gyms.
- Sports – Many sporting activities take place in Lahore. You can even watch professional polo games at the Lahore Polo club, where kings, emperors and other VIPs have been playing for hundreds of years. Teams from other countries usually play here in friendly games.
- Tour bazaars – You can purchase amazing crockery, jewelry, clothes and souvenirs at bazaars in Lahore.
- Eating out – You can enjoy local special treats and street food in the food streets of the Anarkali and Gawalmadi districts.
Hiring a car at Allama Iqbal International Airport is a great idea because you will be able to travel extensively and see all that Lahore has to offer. You can easily visit places of interest in this city, without worrying about waiting for the bus or paying a taxi driver.