When travelling to Georgia, make sure you are well informed in advance on some of the aspects that will define your tour. That will cushion you from experiencing any hitches and top on your agenda should be transport. One sure thing is that taxis and car hire companies are located at Batumi Airport which is the main entry point. Their charges are higher at night than during the day but you can get a cheap option through wise consideration.
If you have booked to any hotel, it will be wise if you make arrangements with the hotel to pick you up with their shuttle on time. That will be a prudent arrangement because they will be prompt, reliable and their services will be of high quality.
Batumi Airport is about 2 kilometers on the southern parts of the city. It is just a few minutes by bus or taxi.
Would you like to explore the city more? Of course, that will be the intention of every visitor and the following options will be applicable:
- Footing - Batumi is not a very big town therefore you can just take a walk to explore. From one end of the town to another, it can take approximately 45 minutes so you don’t even need to use car rental services.
- Bicycle - this is a good alternative to footing or hiring a car. Bike paths are well marked out in red color and stretch from Batumi Airport all the way to the port and beach. In case you want to hire a bicycle, there is a sharing membership that is automated and you can use that to secure the best bike. You can hire the bikes in packages of a day or even days depending on what you prefer.
- Bus - routes for buses are very few in Batumi because this mode of transport is not very popular. There are specific numbers of buses that access Batumi Airport which you should look out for. If you want to use one, you can go to a bus stop or wave it down and it will stop. Price ranges for bus services differ from one company to another.
Things to See
When on a tour of Georgia, never complain because there are a lot of things to sightsee in Batumi including:
- Museums - these are definitely a key attraction for any visitor and you will get information right at Batumi Airport. Common museums in Batumi are Ajara State Art Museum, Gonio-Apsarosi Fortress, Batumi Archeological Museum and Kemal Turmanidze Art Salon.
- Churches - these are worship places but they are today points of attraction for tourists who admire their ancient architecture. Popular ones in Batumi are Orthodox Church, Catholic Church, Old Mosque and Synagogue.
- Landmarks - with a hired car from Batumi Airport, these are some of the attractions that you will enjoy seeing freely. Some of the landmarks that you will come face to face with include Alphabetic Tower, Colonnades, Batumi Cable Way, Piazza and Astronomical Clock.