Luxor Airport is an international destination for flights coming from different parts of the world to Egypt. It is always busy and that has led to an increase in number of companies offering car hire services. When you land at the airport, you will be met by a load of service providers who will be angling to serve you. To avoid being confused, stay calm and seek clarifications from all to help in making the final choice. If not careful, you will end up paying more than you are supposed to.
Doing a market comparison for prices offered by different car rental providers will place you in a good position of securing good deals. Look out for companies that offer discounted prices and whose cars are comfortable enough. The journey from Luxor Airport to the city center might be short but that does not mean you should not enjoy. With time, you should search online about the car rentals available at the airport to gather more information about their suitability.
Luxor Airport sits about 6 kilometers on the eastern side of the city center. It is strategically located making it a focal point for visitors who are touring different parts of the country. Flights to the capital city Cairo take approximately 50 minutes and are available daily.
From Luxor Airport, you will have very many transport options to take up. You should choose the one that meets your expectations and financial situation among the following:
- Road - there is a road connecting this town to Cairo and there are buses operating regularly. Tourists are mostly advised to use road as the last option but you will be able to see some attractions like Kom Ombo and Edfu on the way. Just ignore such advises if there is no concrete reason given.
- Train - this is a very popular mode of transport from Luxor Airport. It’s a good alternative for car hire especially if you are many people. It’s cheap and reliable. The trains operate frequently but some restrictions have been put to manage the transport system.
What to See
In and around Luxor, there are very many tourist attractions that you will enjoy on your way from Luxor Airport. You can just sightsee from your hired car or make a stop for better experience. Whichever option you choose, the following are attractions to see around Luxor.
- Luxor Museum - the location of this museum is attractive and it is located at a building measuring 55 meters in length and 29 meters in width.
- Temple of Abydos - it is a very common archeological site in Egypt that you can tour. There, you will get to see some old tombs from the first and second dynasties.
- Temple of Dendera - this is a very famous temple that you must consider visiting anytime you are in Luxor. With a hired car or taxi, you will spend about one hour to reach there but there are buses offering public transport.
- Valley of Kings - it remained for many years as a secret place and up to 62 pharaohs were buried there. Even though tomb robbers have invaded the place, there is some treasure remaining for visitors to enjoy.