Named after both the first president of the country as well as after the first vice president too, the Jakarta Soekarno Hatta Airport has seen the rise of the lovely city of Jakarta and to date; it stands at being one of the main airports serving the Jakarta area on Java Island. Because of its importance, it is possible to get car hire services right within the airport. Several agencies located at the arrival terminus await those who have just landed and may be in need of a personal vehicle to use for a couple of days while they are in the region.
Some of the car rental agencies situated right at the Jakarta Soekarno Hatta airport are the big international players like Avis, Hertz and others. Such can be a tad costly. Not to worry if these prices seem not to go well with your planned budget, there are plenty other local agencies that you can turn to for a car hire rental and they shall not fail to deliver either.
Driving in Indonesia
A couple of rules to keep in mind concerning Indonesia are listed below. This will prevent you from being caught on the wrong side of the law and it is better to be conversant with these road regulations before going ahead and booking a car rental in Jakarta.
- Here, driving is on the left hand side of the road.
- As a foreigner, always have with you at all times your passport, home country driver’s license as well as an international driving license too; and the car’s rental papers.
- Front seat belts have got to be fitted and worn always.
- You should have to talk to your rent a car agent concerning third party liability insurance because it is required by law that you have it.
- As a safety measure, all driven vehicles should have spare tyre, warning triangle, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, jack and tyre iron ad a fluorescent safety jacket. These should be provided together with the rental vehicle at the Jakarta Soekarno Hatta airport because it is required by law.
- Alcohol limit is zero. There is absolutely no alcohol tolerance here.
With the top listed items kept in mind, you should be okay driving in Indonesia and you can enjoy the car until you return it to the Jakarta Soekarno Hatta airport. It is important to mention that in some parts of Indonesia, roads are also used as venues for social gatherings and parties. Pay attention when approaching a small town in your car rental. The locals might just be having a party right in the middle on the road.