This is the major airport that serves the city of Jebel Ali, about 32km from the capital Dubai. Al Maktoum International airport was opened in 2010 and brings visitors from all over the world to come enjoy the beauty of the United Arab Emirates.
At the airport, there are a number of car rentals available to those arriving tourists wanting to control their own means of transport in the country. There are plenty of hotels within Jebet Ali and you also have the option of driving in Dubai in your car rental for more accommodation options.
Attractions of Dubai
Dubai is home to some of the world known tourist attractions. It is estimated about 15million tourists will have flown into this Arab city by 2015, and here are some good reasons why they will do so.
- Burj Khalifa - an internationally recognized skyscraper and you may have seen it on a postcard or stamp. The Burj Khalifa can be spotted from several places within the city thanks to its toppling height of 829.8m to the air. Not only will you get the privilege of seeing the beautiful Dubai skyline and landscape, but you will also be privileged to be in the tallest building in the world!
- Palm Jebel Ali - an aerial view of this man made construction will give you a good reason why it is voted as a global attraction by tourists. This is an artificial island which whose design looks exactly like a palm branch. The archipelago is yet to be fully completed, but you can catch a memorable photo of it to always remember its beauty.
- Jumeirah Beach - a great way to spend the afternoon with your family is at the Jumeirah beach. This is probably one of the longest stretches of beach waters you will get to see and the Palm Jebel Ali is quite close.
- The Jumeirah Beach Hotel - then there is this beautiful hotel constructed just along the Jumeirah beach coastline. At night the structure glows with the most beautiful and heavenly lights you can imagine with an architecture that is out of this world. Wait till you get to the inside, then your camera will come in real handy.
- Ski Dubai - have you ever thought of skiing indoors? The Sky Dubai is a 22.5 m2 indoor skiing arena, which is part of the Emirates Mall. After a morning of indoor skiing, you can take a stroll through the gigantic mall for some window shopping.
You can never get enough of Dubai and there are plenty other places you need to visit before driving back to Al Maktoum International Airport. Be sure to discover them in your car rental.