For history lovers, Aleppo Airport is just as a dream come true, because they are about to enter the historically enriched city. Aleppo is the largest city of Syria. It has a centuries old history in it. After landing Aleppo Airport, all you have to do is rent a car from a good rental car service from airport and head toward this ancient city. The list below will give you a snap idea of the few places in Aleppo worth visiting.
- Bimaristan Arghan - This building is from the 14th century and once served as a mental asylum. However, now it is turned into a local culture and the science museum. By reading this, you might think that it would be one of the old creepy looking buildings, but trust me it is not. Now it has turned into the one of the most attractive buildings of the city.
- Great Mosque of Aleppo - If you want to visit even oldest building, go to this Great mosque of Aleppo. Its construction history begun in 8th century. Although, there is nothing original in the mosque from 8th century, but is itself a wonder that it survived countless natural disasters, renovations, and expansions. However, you can experience varying age remnants of this great building.
- Dead City of Serjilla - By going even back to the 5th century, this city worth paying a visit to see that old cultural remains of buildings. Due to the plague outbreak, this city evacuated back in the 6th century. Even though, it is centuries old, but its ruins are preserved impeccably.
- Other attractions in Aleppo - Once you rent a car, you must run through all the visiting places in the city as much as you can. Citadel, Souqs, Christian Quarter, National Museum, The Old City, Umayyad Mosque, Madrassa Halawiyya, Yalbouga Hammam, Hammam Al-Nahasin, Antioch Gate, Khan Al-Gumruk, The Clock Tower, Saint Simon Citadel, and many more buildings and places are there to visit.
- Fun and eating places - This city is not only about history, rather you can have so much unlike fun in other places as well. There are many good restaurants with both local and international foods. If you are in mood of visiting a park, you can pay a visit to the famous Maysaloun Park. Beside this, many other parks are also in the city open to visitors.
- Shopping in Aleppo - Shahba Shopping mall is another place crowded with tourists. It is actually a combination of Mall and Hotel.
In short, Aleppo is a heaven of History lovers. To make your visit convenient and most fun, don’t just rely on public transport. It is much fun in your own car, or in case you don’t have it, just rent a car from Aleppo Airport.