Visiting Vientiane city is always a pleasure, and the Vientiane Wattay International Airport is one the major way of entering this relaxing city of Laos. It is just 3 km away from the center of Vientiane city. Comparing with other capital cities of Southeast Asia, this city has a very calm atmosphere. You will see very less traffic on the road when comparing other capitals. This altogether makes Vientiane is a perfect spot of spending vacations. Once you have landed at the Vientiane Wattay International Airport, hire a car from any good rental service at the airport, or if you have already planned, hop on and move to the central city.
- Lao National Museum - It is a place where you can have complete introduction about the city culture and history. You will have great insight of 18th century things displayed in this museum. After visiting this, you can also write down your interesting comments on the guestbook.
- Patuzai - It is also known as Victory Gate. An amazing thing about this gate is that you can climb up on it, but only up to 7th story. From here, you can have very nice view of the central city.
- Sisaket Museum - It is actually an old temple of this city. For Buddha lovers, it is an excellent spot to visit. They can see the walls of this temple with many Buddha images. These images are of many sizes and made up of several materials including silver, bronze, wood and stone.
- Other Stupa and Temples - While driving your car in the city, you will come across of many museums and Stupas. Hophakaew Museum, Pha That Luang, Black Stupa, Wat Si Muag, Mixay, Inpeng, Haisok, Wats Onteu, and many other temples and Stupas are waiting for you to explore.
- Buddha Park - It is another good spot with both historic and natural values. You will freshen up your soul on wandering this park, and at the same time you will be visiting many sculptures of Hindu deities and Buddhist. Some sculptures of imaginary beasts are also there. Overall, it is another very good spot for you to explore. Go there with your family, plan a nice picnic, and make many family pictures with the beauty of this park.
Shopping is another amusing thing in this city. You may find some shop nearby the Vientiane Wattay International Airport, but if you want to have real fun of shopping, go to the central city market. Here, you will find a huge collection of Handicraft shops among many other things. In short, visiting Vientiane is a great deal of fun.