One of the oldest cities in the world, Jerusalem has been destroyed multiple times, besieged repeatedly, attacked, captured and recaptured. What is impressive is that this world-renowned city is still standing today and sits on a landmine of rich history dating back even to the biblical ages. Owing to the size of the city as well as the many sites located in fairly remote zones, getting a car rental is a good idea as it will allow you fully maximize your visit.
Getting Reliable Car Hire Agencies
Besides, car hire has several other advantages such as:
- It is cheaper than taxi, thus saving you money.
- It allows you travel in the comfort of some personal space.
- You get to control your own tour schedules. Perhaps there are places you’d like to give more priority or stay there for longer periods. With car hire, you can control the way you spend your vacation time.
- It is a convenient means of travel especially if you are visiting with family.
- Some rental agencies allow for one-way trips and this eliminates the unnecessary need to go back to your start location if you were not intending to.
You can only fully enjoy the benefits of rent a car service if you rent from a reputable dealer. A reputable dealer is one that will have fairly prices charge and ill have a good customer care service. Meaning they will be able to attend to all your queries and even if something comes up; say for instance the vehicle breaks down in the middle of the night, they can offer roadside assistance. Such are just but a few of the qualities that can guarantee you that your rental dealer is reliable.
Driving in Jerusalem: Rules and Regulations
Before getting excited about the idea of getting a car rental, it is wise you first familiarize yourself with the rules of the road while in Jerusalem. For instance, do you know that here, driving is on the right hand side of the road? Other rules to pay attention to are:
- Traffic inside the roundabout should be given right of way by al entering traffic.
- Parking zones are marked with white/blue striping and non-parking zones are stripped white/red. Get a parking pass or a parking sticker to allow you park in the designated zones.
- Always drive with headlights on during the months from November to April.
- On major roads, the signs are in Hebrew, Arabic and English.
- All seatbelts should be fitted and worn at all times by the occupants in the car rental.