Transport should be the biggest worry for you whenever making a trip to Guam through Guam International Airport. This is part of the logistics that you must put in place well before you leave your country. Don’t depart then when you have landed at the airport, you start asking where taxis are or how you will get out of the airport. There is a very big transport network to get you out of Guam International Airport so your choices will not be limited.
Car hire will be a good choice compared to public transport because of the obvious reasons. It is reliable, offers comfort and comes with flexibility.
- Private tour shuttles - this service is widespread in Guam and you will get them at the Guam International Airport. This will be good for your consideration when you want to enjoy free time alone as you explore the place. The cost of hiring these shuttles might be high but it is worth it. You can also go for it if you are a group of few people like six.
- Chartered bus service - this service is available for big groups of tourists and is offered right at the airport. The buses offered by local agencies are big, spacious and comfortable for a group of as many people as possible.
- Hotel shuttles - these ones are attached to specific hotels and operate to and from airport. They are specifically in place to pick visitors from Guam International Airport and are always prompt. Those expensive hotels offer these shuttles for free but you will pay for something if the hotel you have booked into is a regular one.
Areas of interest
When you land at Guam International Airport, you will be told of very many places that you can visit. Be wise enough to hire out a car and a good guide to take you through. Some of the places to interest you include:
- Hagåtña - this is the capital city of Guam and it’s where the government operates from. Some of the sightseeing places to lookout for include Council of the Arts and Humanities gallery, Chamorro Village and Guam Preservation Trust which has a historical walk.
- Mangilao - this is the place where you will get all institutions of higher learning that Guam boasts of. Those to see include Guam Community College and University of Guam. It will give you some hint about the education system of the city.
- Tumon - this is a district that has everything to do with tourism. The nightlife there is always bustling while hotels and shopping malls are of the highest standards. You can access it easily from Guam International Airport.
- Inarajan - this will be the place to visit if you want to have a taste of local delicacies. There are also handicrafts and traditional dances to relieve golden times for visitors which you will enjoy.
- Asan - this is a park that preserves the shoreline which was the battle ground during war that took place at Pacific Park's Asan Beach Park back in 1944.