Caen ferry port also known as Ouistreham Ferry Port is the newest hub on the channel. The harbor is located 15 kilometers north of Caen and it has a direct road access to the rest of France.
Its strategic location in the middle of the northern coastline makes it the best option for many travelers. If you are travelling to Caen via the route, it is important to know what it has in store for you. It is one of the most significant cities of Normandy, the hometown of the 1066 Battle of Hastings’ Conqueror William. The city has a number of historical sights, seaside attractions and spectacular scenery. Renting a car from the car rental companies based in the Caen ferry port, will give you a memorable vacation.
Although, the road network around Caen ferry port is excellent, but getting into a bus any time you want to go out, is not comparable to the experience you will have if you rent a car.
As you lay out your travel itinerary, do not leave out the following attractions;
- Stade Michel d’Ornano - This stadium does not only host football games in France but its exterior and interior design is an attraction by itself. Several leagues are held throughout the year. Hence, you can check out the latest matches and immerse in the local atmosphere.
- Musee de Normandie - You have heard of Normandy, its time you acquainted yourself with their culture and history. This repository enshrines all you need to know about the past of Caen and its environs.
- Saint Pierre Church - This gigantic church is built with an interesting architectural design. Even if most of the French buildings are well cut, something about this building makes it unique. It can be traced back to the 13th century and it is still standing strong.
- Abbaye-aux- Hommes - This awesome structure is the final resting place for Matilda and William. It takes the pride of being at the pinnacle of Romanesque architectural pieces in the entire globe.
- Chateau Ducal - This was originally built by William to shield his graceful palace from attacks and although it was destroyed in 1944, there are certain pillars that remain up to date. You can drive your rental car, to enjoy some quiet time. While at it, make sure you visit Musee des Beaux Arts.
- Beuvron Village - Outside the Caen city, about 20 kilometers, is a spectacular village that is a must visit. If you rent a car from any of the car hire agencies at Caen Ferry Port, you will get here within no time and even get to the nearest attractions.
Caen is a great destination and you can barely visit all the sights that there is. However, with a rental car you can tour as many sights as possible before your vacation elapses.