Georgetown Airport is officially entitled Owen Roberts International Airport. It is named after the famous commercial aviation specialist of the country, Mr. Owen Roberts. Located in the Grand Cayman, Georgetown Airport is situated in the Cayman Islands and is the Island’s main international airport. Cayman Airways, the area’s main airline, also operates its main base from here. Georgetown Airport is one of the two ports that provide direct entrance to the Cayman Islands and is the very last international airport of the Caribbean to have an open air passenger gallery.
A popular tourist destination
Once your plane has ended, you can get your stuff, rent a car and be on your way. You can find a lot of rental companies at the airport as well as check for availability on the internet. Whether you are travelling with family, big or small, or friends, one or a dozen; you can find a rental car of a size and price that will suit your need. Also, a rental car is the most efficient way of exploring the endless destinations that are spread out all over the city.
Get your swimsuits ready
Gaining massive popularity as a vacation destination, the Cayman Islands are full of activities to dwell in. With an incredible variety of water activities like snorkeling, diving, sailing, etc; to hiking and golfing, you can enjoy it all on this breathtakingly gorgeous peninsula. Here are a few spots you should definitely visit:
- Stingray city – People, who come here, do not go out disappointed. Visit this wildlife area and find some of the most admirable creatures waiting to lighten your little heart.
- Spirit of the West – Feel the wind in your hair and the soft white sand between your toes, and find yourself endlessly admiring the fabulous Caribbean Sea.
- Pampered Ponies – As the name would suggest, some of the most well kept horses can be found on this gorgeous beachfront property. You can take a long trip and witness the beautiful land atop a horse.
- Davinoff’s Concrete Sculpture Garden – Drive your rental car around this place. It has a free parking area, and is free to visitors and opened all year around. You can spot some incredible sculptures; admire their beauty or just click some photographs to preserve the memories.
- Seven Mile Beach – The beach is most tourists’ personal favorite. With a lot of things happening simultaneously, it also happens to be one of the most stunning beaches to spend time at.
- Cayman Marine Lab – Meet the most hospitable, experienced and well, fun diving marine biologists ever. You and your family are not going to regret a trip down this tour.