4km to the southwest of Abbotsford city is this international airport that serves the city as well as its neighborhoods. Besides being an airstrip that helps in growing the Canadian economy through imports and exports, it also brings in tourist from all over the world. The British Columbia region is known for its many attractions which will fascinate you when you plan a trip to Canada your next holiday season.
Your movement around Abbotsford will be well facilitated if you choose to be in your own car rental.
Places to Visit around Abbotsford Airport
From entertainment theaters, amusement parks to impressively designed buildings, this great city in Canada’s British Columbia has a lot to show the world. In your ideal car rental, here are some of the places you definitely should visit.
- The Cultus Lake- this lake is located in a park and is the source of the River Sweltzer. The park is a nice place to spend an afternoon with your spouse or play a game of Frisbee with your family. A serene environment overlooking the beautiful waters of the lake, this park is definitely a place you have to visit.
- Gur Sikh Temple- it is voted as the oldest Sikh Temple to exist in the history of Canada, as well as North America. It houses the history of the Sikh immigrants who came to settle in Canada and built this worship center for themselves.
- The Rich Gallery Museum- this is one of the prominent museums built for the display of public arts. It houses all sorts of art pieces gathered from all over Canada and the outside world.
- Westminster Abbey- are you interested in learning about the Benedictine monks of Canada? The Westminster Abbey is the community they live in, and has been their locale since 1939. You just need to drive to Dewdney Trunk Road in your car rental to access the Abbey.
- Golden Years Provision Park- this park was named after the twin mountain peaks of Canada known as Golden years. On any afternoon you don’t feel like doing much, this park will be a great place for some random amusements. Plenty of activities happen here like hiking, walk-ins and even camping.
There are many other attractions to be found around Abbotsford Airport. All you need is to secure your own travel freedom by hiring a car at an affordable rate from within the airport premise.