This is an airport that serves the second largest city in the country of Bulgaria, Plovdiv. Thousands of tourists flow into Bulgaria through this airport coming to have a holiday and enjoy some of the attractions around the city. Plovdiv airport is located about 12km from the main town, which means you may need a car rental to take you to the city.
You will get plenty of rent a car companies within the airport terminals. Some of them are accredited international companies which operate in several companies and offer high end services.
The best Attractions in Plovdiv
Being the second largest city in Bulgaria, this town has so much to offer to the tourists. Quite many that one cannot explore them all. Nevertheless, when you fly into the country for a holiday trip, here are some great places to visit.
- Tundzha - Bulgaria is a country full of natural sceneries distributed within different towns. The Tundzha is a majestic river that flows through Plovdiv and empties its waters to Edime in Turkey. Tundzha has a breathtaking surrounding and perhaps a chill by the banks would be ideal if you are with your spouse.
- Sredna Gora - are you up for some hiking fun? The Sredna Gora is a mountain range located near Plovdiv and a perfect place for a nature trail. The mountain range stretches from the beautiful Iskar River and overlooks the Balkan mountain.
- Levski Peak - on a different day, you may gather the energy and hike on the other side which is the Balkan mountain. Somewhere on this mountain is a peak, named Levski after the Bulgarian who brought revolution to his country.
- Stryama - another great river that forms a tributary to the greater Maritsa River. This tributary stretches a distance of 110.1 km long and offers a great scene for anyone who loves hiking along raging waters.
- Beklemeto Pass - as you hike the Balkan Mountain, you will come across the Beklemeto pass which connects two towns Karnare and Troyan.
Besides the lovely scenery, Plovdiv is a hub with lots of commercial activities going on with the day. The streets are filled with high stores selling all sorts of things; from souvenirs to high end fashion clothes. You will get several local restaurants for some delicious gourmet and bars where you can have a drink in the evening. All you need is a convenient car rental to get you around the town.