Accessing Bangladesh through Dhaka International Airport will subject you to very many things that you can sightsee. One of the best ways to do your exploration is by hiring a car at the airport from the many service providers available. Taxis are reliable and convenient for visitors thus should be your top consideration over using public means of transport. They may be expensive but taxis are a good choice for transportation. To get the best out of these services, make sure you have sought price quotations from all car rentals and choose the one with the best offer. It should provide for an opportunity to save costs.
What to see
Tourism might not be your main thing when touring Bangladesh but getting out of Dhaka International Airport to the city center will offer you a lot of things to sightsee.
- Religious sites - whether you want to worship or just admire antique architecture, places of worship will be ideal for you to stop by and have the experience. Some of these places include Chawk Mosque, Star Mosque, Shahbaz Khan Mosque, The Khan Mohammad Mridha Mosque, Sat Gambuj Mosque and Kartalab Khan Mosque.
- Buildings - these are landmarks of the city which you will see on your way from Dhaka International Airport. They include Lalbagh Fort which sits on the banks of Buriganga River, Sonargaon which acted as an administration center, Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban which is the site of the country’s parliament and Ahsan Manzil where Dhaka Nawab Family used to live.
- Monuments - these places are historical and you will get a lot of value by visiting them. Two common monuments to see as you sneak out of Dhaka International Airport are The Shaheed Minar set up to remember victims of Bengali Language Movement demonstrations that took place in 1952 and Jatiyo Smriti Soudho.
- Parks - the most popular ones are Ramna Park, Baldha Garden, Hatirjheel Project, Chandrima Uddayan and Dhaka Zoo.
- Museums - even though several museums are present in Dhaka, Bangladesh National Museum stands out clearly. A visit there will allow you to see several exhibitions and boasts of being one of the biggest in the whole of South Asia.
Don’t be worried about securing a good place to spend the night in the city of Dhaka. There are very many hotels and hostels to come across some of which are near the airport and others far away. Start by seeking those close to the airport and then go to those in the city center. The cost of accommodation will depend on the type of hotel you have booked into. Generally, you will never miss out on a hotel that meets your budget.
Right from Dhaka International Airport, your options for moving around will be unlimited. You can hire a taxi to the city center. Once there, you will get rickshaw which is very popular for transport, there are buses, bicycles as well as footing is an option. Make sure you have chosen a mode of transport that you are comfortable with.