Chicago Midway airport is located about 12km from the town of Chicago in the state of Illinois. This airport mainly handles low cost carriers flying into town and then it is voted to be the second busiest airport in the city’s metropolitan area. Part of ensuring travels arrive safely into the city include offering car hire services and accommodation suggestions within the city.
Illinois State is a big area to travel in and with a car rental you can cover as many areas as possible. You also control all transport and can access several areas within the city that a bus tour may not.
Fun Things to do in Chicago
This city is home to a number of attractions which don’t need any hurry exploring and enjoying them each day. Which is why rent a car service are crucial to you so you can visit some of these tourist attractions in your own time and even spend as much time as you want admiring them.
- The Navy Pier - as you hunt for historical monuments within the city, the navy pier is a good place to start your escapade. The 300 foot pier overlooks the great and pristine Lake Michigan and was built in early 19 century with a large amount of money. This is a great place to take some photos before proceeding on with the day.
- Shedd Aquarium - this is an indoor aquarium that built and completed in 1930. Formerly known as John G Shedd aquarium, it is home to thousands of fish and other water species.
- Willis Towers - the city’s skyline is best observed at a point as high as 1451 feet into the air/. The Willis Tower is a 108 story building that was designed by the architects Bruce Graham and Fazlur Khan. In the 19 century, it was voted the tallest building in the world until it was surpassed by Dubai’s Burj Khalifa.
- The Buckingham Fountain - a beautiful piece of fountain situated at the central point of Grant Park. It’s a lovely design to view while you read a book at the park or enjoying a walk.
- John Hancock Center - this is another mighty skyscraper within the city that towers 1128 feet into the air. If you don’t make it to the Willis Tower, then drive to North Michigan Avenue in your car rental and this skyscraper will be your consolation.
There is more to Michigan than what meets the eye, and only a car rental can give you the freedom of discovering more attractions.