This airport is located approximately 10 kilometers southeast of Birmingham city. Birmingham Airport offers international flights to different places like the Caribbean, India subcontinent, Europe and the Middle East. Domestic flights use this airport too. There are the usual airport transfers at this airport and you can opt for any mode that will fit you best. As a tourist, you will need a mode that is flexible for you in terms of the places that you will visit and their timing, and the best mode for that is car hire.
The service providers for car hire can be found at the airport and n the city too, but the best way to book for your car is online before you even land at Birmingham Airport. Ensure that you meet all the requirements for the car hire company you want to deal with, so that you can abide by the traffic and legal rules of Birmingham city. Now that you have your car ready and hotel booked, you can now set yourself free to explore this beautiful city.
Things to do and Places to Visit in Birmingham
There is a plethora of top-class galleries, exciting museums and the chocolate factory to name just a few attractions, and that is why you need to plan your itinerary precisely so that you can have enough time for the main attractions. Below are the main places that you should step in before your holiday is over.
- Cadbury World – Is the home of your favorite confectionery, and since you love eating and enjoy when it melts in your mouth, it is the high time to learn the process of making it, and the whole story behind the company itself. Kinds get some fun time playing in the chocolate rain and it will be great experience for everyone.
- National Sea Life Centre – Get into the Birmingham flagship that will take you under water to see undersea life in reality. This can be a great experience for your kids who will enjoy and learn a lot from this.
- Warwick Castle – Tickle your imagination as you listen to the jaw-dropping history, myths and tales that will take you a thousand years back into this country’s history.
- World of Trains and Planes – Is the most new tourist attraction and you will need to drive your rental car to the heart of Birmingham because that is where it is located. You can use the train to destinations like France, Germany, Japan, UK and other destinations that are coming later.
- Broadway Plaza – Has numerous activities for all ages, and if you need to treat any of your loved one for a special treat of a birthday party, this is the place to do it. You can organize parties here or simply enjoy the celebrations and night outs
- Go Ape – The place for forest adventures, and you can do it in Wyre Forest or Cannock Chase. There are various exciting activities here such as fly at a thrilling speed down a zip wire and leaping off Tarzan Swings.
For many other exciting activities and attractions, hire a car and manage your time to visit as many attractions as possible here in Birmingham.