This international airport is located seven kilometers west of the central business district of the city of Alexandria. International commercial flights are not conducted here, but travelers use chartered flights to international destinations. Despite the size of the airport, you need to prepare yourself just as you do when visiting other tourist destinations. You need to know what type of airport transfers are available, and the best that you should always go for is car hire. This is because unlike the other airport transfer that drop you at your hotel the next station, when you rent a car you will have the liberty to drive to every attraction or corner of the city without the fear of being out of time or keeping a taxi driver waiting late into the night.
There are many car hire providers at Alexandria International Airport, and when you arrive, you will not have trouble securing a good car to use throughout the holiday. The best thing about this service is that you can select the type of vehicle that will fit your entourage, for instance when you have brought your whole family to Alexandria. Remember that you will need to produce all the documentation to show that you are liable to drive on the roads of this city, and hence you will need an international driving license in addition to your usual one.
Sightseeing in Alexandria
Every successful holiday needs to have a clear itinerary, and that is what you need if you want to see more of Alexandria. You therefore need to know where to start and where to go next until you have exhausted all the attraction sites and places you want to see. We cannot deny that time seems to fly whenever you are on holiday, and hence we have prepared a list of the essential places that you ought to visit when you get here. The good thing is that you will be driving in your rental car and hence there will be minimal loss of time to enable you to catch the city’s amazing activities.
- King Street – You do not need to use you hired car here, although you can come in it and park it so that you can take a stroll down the 18th century street that is lined with red bricks. It is an amazing architecture that houses different businesses like boutiques, pubs, restaurants and art galleries. Do not be frightened when you see a dog once in a while because this is a dog-friendly city.
- Potomac River Waterfront – Here you board a riverboat that will take you for sightseeing as you enjoy the beautiful views of monuments.
- Alexandria History – You need to know all about this city and you will accomplish that by visiting the Lyceum to examine the colorful history.
- Shop Small – Visit this one of the independent boutiques that will give you the best personal shopping experience. You definitely want to carry some mementos home.
- Distinctive Dining – Will offer you Alexandria’s culture through perfectly prepared cuisine. You can get a travel guide from the tourist offices so that you can visit as many places in this city as you can. When you rent a car you can drive to every corner of this amazing city and have fun to your fill.