One of the oldest towns in England, as well as being one of the most densely populated in England and Wales, Ipswich sits humbly on the estuary of River Orwell. Considering how well developed the town is, finding car hire agencies should not be that difficult for anyone who wished to make use of the service. Both locals and tourists alike make use of rent a car service, which probably explains why there are a variety of such agencies around; distinctly grouped into the high-end ones and the more affordable lower-end ones.
Car Hire Considerations
It does not matter whether you are looking to rent a sedan, an RV or even a flashy Mercedes, in Ipswich, there is sure to be an agency that can suitably meet your needs. But what are some of the things to look out for before getting a car rental in this city?
- Make sure the agency has provisions put in place in case of an automobile breakdown.
- Car hire bookings should be made using a valid driver’s license and a credit card in the renter’s name.
- Getting a collision damage waiver is preferable; even though you may have to pay extra for it.
- Check whether the rental could be covered by your insurance or get another policy with the company that will have you insured.
- If you are stranded while on transit and have no idea what to do, you could access hotlines to the AA or the RAC.
- Some agencies have certain instances where certain vehicles are off-limits for hire if you belong to a certain age group. Have this confirmed before making any down payments.
Sights and Attractions in Ipswich
With its good road system, driving around in the city or around its environs should not be a problem. Just hop into your car rental equipped with an updated map and you would be good to travel anywhere. Where should you start… at the Christchurch mansion perhaps? Or if you fancy some beer history, you could drive to the Tolly Cobbold brewery which stands at being amongst the finest Victorian breweries in the whole of Great Britain.
Interesting fact about this town with a population of about 100,000 inhabitants is that it has no cathedral. There are several churches though, with the most grand of them all being St. Mary le Tower; but perhaps the spectacular interior architecture of Holy Trinity Church will capture your attention more. How about driving your car hire rental to St. Lawrence Church and marveling at the world’s oldest circle of church bells?