Leon train station is located in the region of Castile-Leon, in Spain. It is quite a busy terminal serving the entire province of Leon. The hub is often used by business people and tourists who come to this lovely city.
The extensive province has vast tourist attractions among them national parks, cultural heritages, great shopping joints, a number of explicit hotels and restaurants. In addition, it is a place of international significance because of Las Medulas, which was engraved on the heritage sight list by UNESCO. Although, the area has a 2000-year history, it has a modern touch. Renting a car from car rental firms at the Leon train station will give you an opportunity to travel to most sights without inconveniences.
5 Sights you do not want to miss
- Santa Maria de Leon Cathedral - Although, San Idoro has been the main landmark of Leon, the Leon Cathedral is amongst the most adorable cathedrals in Spain. It was established between 13th and 16th century and it is a prominent Gothic piece in the area. Its interior is catchy. If you rent a car, you can visit other sights around the monument.
- Leon contemporary art museum - In the past Leon Cathedral took the lion’s share of all the visitors who come to this side of Spain. However, today cards seem to have turned after the construction of the modern art museum in 2005. Credible sources have it that more than half a million tourists every year visit the museum.
- Roman ruins - If you are interested in the Roman history, a visit to the Roman ruins will give you a chance to rub shoulders with history. As you drive your rental car to this sight, it would not hurt if you viewed the Roman architectural designs that characterize most of the buildings around the Leon train station.
- Regla Square - Probably this is where your tour will start, putting in mind its close proximity to the city. You will encounter the famous Cubos Avenue, Cardenal Landazuri, San Lorenzo among other Roman facades that are found in the area.
- Basilica de San Isidoro - This Romanesque church has 3 naves was developed in the 12th century. Its interior design is outstanding and even though it has endured a number of years, it still stands strong. With a rental car from one of the car hire agencies at the Leon train station, you can visit this amazing cathedral and the surrounding attractions.
Although Leon has a rich history that does not mean that it lacks in other things. There are parks and contemporary restaurants to enjoy not forgetting a great atmosphere for all kinds of shopping. If you rent a car, you will cover most of the areas and shop to your satisfaction.