Jaen train station is located 1 kilometer north from the heart of Jaen city in Spain. The terminal serves the city and connects it to the neighboring cities. Jaen is a province situated in the southern region of Spain in Andalusia. It is characterized by amazing natural beauty; olive groves adorn most of the landscape, ancient villages, Renaissance buildings, modern restaurants and hotels. The best way to explore this beautiful city is with a rental car. Jaen train station houses a number of car hire agencies from which you can get a car of your choice. As long as you have an international driving license, you are viable to rent a car at any company in the premises.
The benefits of having your own car cannot be underestimated. For instance, you will have more freedom, independence and more fun as opposed to travelling by bus. Jaen has a lot to offer for everybody.
Places to Visit
Here are some of the places that you do not want to miss;
- Provincial Fine Arts Museum - The museum is located within the city and it hosts some of the finest Iberian objects in the world. With a rental car, you will be able to tour this museum among other attractions around Jaen train station.
- Castle of Santa Catalina - This beautiful castle is a must-visit. It was built during the Arab occupation.
- Ubeda and Baeza - The areas around the Jaen train station have a couple of attractions but Ubeda and Baeza boast of Renaissance architecture. Ubeda is of international significance since it is listed as one of the world heritage sights. Here you will find magnificent palaces and chapels and in Baeza you will find university halls adorned with arched patios. It will take you a day or two to see all there is in these two towns that is why you should rent a car. With your own car, you can travel anytime you want and shop as much as you can.
- Olive plantations - You might have heard that Southern Europe tops the list of world’s olive producers. What many people do not know is that Jaen produces half of the olive oil produced in Andalucia. Rows of olive groves can be seen all over the land.
- Natural parks and mountains - 20% of the land in Jaen is dominated by natural parks and highlands. The area gives you an opportunity to hike, parasail and watch game life at a closer range. Do not fail to visit Sierras de Cazorla, a nature park and Segura de la Sierra, a town set on a hill that has a castle on its summit.
Jaen is a great destination for those people who have a thing for nature. Its historical icons are outstanding not forgetting the hectares of olive groves. Renting a car from one of the car rental companies in Jaen train station will make your vacation more enjoyable.