Jandia Peninsula is one of the two sections of the second largest of the Canary Islands; Fuerteventura. It is arid and features a mountainous landscape. The easterly winds from the ocean keep sweeping across the shoreline all year round, making Fuerteventura Jandia a hot destination for tourists from all walks of life. The island is a great spot for water sports and beach enthusiasts. You can get the most of the 20km stretch, with a hired car. At the airport, there are car hire agencies, from which you can rent a car. Having a private car ensures that you have all the comfort and the flexibility needed to reach more destinations around Fuerteventura Jandia.
- However, this will only be possible if you follow these handy guidelines
- Compare prices and services from different car rental firms. They might be based on one premise but their prices might vary significantly. Therefore, if you do not go through all of them, you will end up paying more.
- Book early in advance - The airport handles many arrivals in a day. Hence, it is possible to miss a car to hire by the time you land at the terminal. Just ensure that you book the car early to avoid such disappointments. Fortunately, today you can finalize the car renting transaction online and only wait to collect the car keys and documents when you arrive.
- Choose the car you want to use - The type of the car you use will depend on the luggage and the number of people you are traveling with. Also, it will be dependent on your taste and how much you are willing to spend on the venture.
Driving rules in Spain
- Wearing seat belts is mandatory in Fuerteventura Jandia for every passenger in the vehicle regardless of age.
- Driving is on the right. This might be a challenge if you are from the keep left countries. However, you will have to accustom yourself to it, so as to avoid confrontations with the traffic law enforcers.
- You are not supposed to drive while drunk since the penalties will be dire which includes losing your license on the spot.
- Do not use your mobile phone while on the roads of Fuerteventura Jandia or anywhere else in Spain. This is not allowed even if you have packed by the highway. If you must take a call let your phone, be hands-free.
- Never park your rental car anywhere that is not designated for parking. Usually, parking areas are painted in blue but you must obtain a ticket from the attendant. Your car hire agency, they will give you some guidelines on the same.