Using Saarbruecken Ensheim Airport will be the best way to save costs when touring Germany. For one, the airport has the best car rental services and tourists are well informed on that. The moment you touch down at the airport, you will get different agencies that operate there angling for your commitment. Sometimes, they end up confusing new visitors who have never been to the place. For your benefit, you must be prepared enough before embarking on your journey.
Make advanced search to note all the travel companies operating at Saarbruecken Ensheim Airport and the type of services they offer. That way, you will be in a position of settling for one with the cheapest price quotes. The company you choose to engage must be well reputable and experienced enough in offering car rental services. You don’t have to go for any company without a background check because it will frustrate you.
There is a single passenger terminal at the airport and it has all the important check-in facilities. You will get restaurants and shops to satisfy all your needs. There are no jet bridges installed to the terminals so you will use bus-boarding and walk-boarding.
Ground transportation options at the airport are:
- Cars - there are motorways linking the airport to city center and other major cities. From the airport terminals, you will be able to secure a taxi from any of the car hire companies operating there to offer you transport to your destination.
- Buses - regional buses operate to and from the airport and always have scheduled connections to city center. You can catch up on any once you have landed at Saarbruecken Ensheim Airport.
Places to Stay
Whether you want a four star or five star hotels near Saarbruecken Ensheim Airport, you will get one and at affordable rates. They all have key amenities and facilities to make your stay enjoyable. Common ones are Ibis Saarbruecken City, Europa Hotel, Hotel Zur Klause, Mercure Hotel Saarbruecken City, Hotel La Residence and Hotel Am Triller. Always look at what a hotel offers you in terms of facilities and compare that with its price tag then decide which one suits your consideration.
You are sure to see the following attraction sights either near Saarbruecken Ensheim Airport or on your way from the place. It is advisable you hire a car to ensure your experience is never interrupted which is common with public means of transport.
- Ludwigsplatz und Ludwigskirche - it is an ancient church which is surrounded by eight palaces that are not of the same size. Its architecture is beautiful to say the least.
- St. Johanner Market - this market is at the heart of an old city making it a key attraction for tourists. It has a beautiful fountain that is made of a cast-iron railing.
- St John's Basilica - it was constructed in 18c by Stengel and today the church is a notable attraction for tourists.
- Moderne Galerie - you will get all types of German art displayed at this gallery. Also, internationally recognized artists have their works showcased at the place.