Furstenfeldbruck is a small town in Bavaria, Germany that has been the home of the United States Air force since 1936. In the year 1957, it was returned to the German government, which made it as the airbase for its militia, until today. Besides being of military significance, the Furstenfeldbruck airport handles both domestic and international flights. Within the premise there are a number of car hire companies, which provides their services to the increasing numbers of tourists who come to this town and its environs. Treat yourself to the town’s oldest Furstenfeld Abbey monastery that dates back to 1266 or a 14th century mill that is currently the home for the municipal library. Using your rental car you can travel to Olympic Park in Munich. This is just a tip of the iceberg there is more to put your time to in this town.
Car renting tips
It might seem simple to get a car. After all, there are many companies offering the services. However, you will realize that a lot has to be done to secure a good car for your travel adventure. The following tips will be of help the next time you want to rent a car:
- Always shop around. Usually, the car rental agencies in the Furstenfieldbruck airport will offer cars on different terms and prices. Be sure to compare various firms to get the best deal prevailing at the time. Also, look out for those offering discounts as long as they do not compromise on their services.
- Book early enough to avoid last minute hustles. Even if the companies are many during peak seasons, the available cars sell out fast.
- Choose a car that is suited to your needs and preferences. Consider your luggage, number of passengers and the budget.
Driving rules in Germany
Now that you have the rental car, these rules will enable you to have a smooth ride on the streets of Furstenfeldbruck in Germany:
- Always drive on the right, no excuses.
- Anytime you are on the road, have your international driving license, car registration and insurance documents within your reach.
- Do not overtake on the right
- If you visit Furstenfeldbruck during winter, ensure that your car hire agency fits in some winter tyres on your rental car.
- Do not make a U-turn or a stop unnecessary unless you have an emergency as this will attract a penalty.
- Never drink and drive. The minimum allowable content of alcohol that should be in your blood is 0. 5g/l.