Travelling is one of the most joyful activities for people in the world and very few people are lucky enough to have this opportunity in their lives. However, travelling is tiring and at times your morale can go down and you need an inspiration to keep you going.
That’s when the travel quotes help you in keeping yourself up and running towards your goals. Here are some of the best quotes to keep your energy pumped and alive as you travel to more fascinating destinations and scratch your scratch-map more.
- "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." St. Augustine
- "Once a year, go some place you’ve never been before". Dalai Lama
- "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor and catch the Trade Winds in your sails." Mark Twain
- "I haven’t been everywhere but it’s on my list." Susan Sontag
- "There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign." Robert Louis Stevenson
- "No one realized how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." Lin Yutang
- "All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it." Samuel Johnson
- "When we get out of the glass bottle of our ego and when we escape like the squirrels in the cage of our personality and get into the forest again, we shall shiver with cold and fright. But things will happen to us so that we don’t know ourselves. Cool, unlying life will rush in." D. H. Lawrence
- "Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going." Paul Theroux
- "To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted." Bill Bryson
- "I needed no better reason for the journey than to be exactly where I was, knowing what I knew. Those were the times when I felt full of natural wisdom, scratching at heaven's very door." Ted Simon
- "The border means more than a customs house, a passport officer, a man with a gun. Over there everything is going to be different; life is never going to be quite the same again after your passport has been stamped." Graham Greene
- "Travelling is like flirting with life. It's like saying, 'I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station." Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
- "As the traveler who has once been from home is wiser than he who has never left his own doorstep, so a knowledge of one other culture should sharpen our ability to scrutinize more steadily, to appreciate more lovingly, our own." Margaret Mead
- "Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world." Gustave Flaubert.
These are the inspirational words that keep you going when you are travelling or thinking of travelling. Being on water, in the air or on the road is more entertaining and joyful than any other activity in life and when you are a traveller you must cherish and relish these great moments. As a traveller, you are probably living the richest and most full life possible.